– The Intel’s latest and new processor is Core i9 (7900X) processor.
– This processor has launched on 19th June 2017.
– The name of the i9 Processor is Skylake-X (core I9-7900X).
– The clock rate of i9 processor is 3.3GHz and the inbuilt reserved cache memory is 13.75 MB.
– The CPU turbo clock rate is:
Single Core -> 4.3 GHz
Dual Core -> 4.5 GHz
– This processor has the 4 slots of RAM and the size of the RAM is of 128 GB.
– This processor has the 10 cores or it has 20 threads so the working speed of the computer is very fast.
What is thread ?
Thread is executing the small instruction program and it manages the scheduler and it is part of the operating system.
– The processor is made up of the Semiconductor device and fabrication and the size of the semiconductor is about 14 mm so the size of the processor is reduced.
– The new models of the i9 processor will come in to the market:
1) Core I9-7920X
2) Core I9-7940X
3) Core I9-7960X
4) Core I9-7980X
– With the use of Intel Turbo Max Technology 3.0 frequency the speed can be taken up to 4.50 GHz.
– The most advanced technology is Hyper-Threading that is used in i9 processor.
– Different version In Advance Processor:-
Core I9-7960X: 16 cores / 32 threads
Core I9-7940X: 14 cores / 28 threads
Core I9-7920X: 12 cores / 24 threads
Core I9-7900X: 10 cores / 20 threads
– The price of the Core i9 processor is about $999(approx. Rs 60,000).